Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A summer of questions.

I feel blindsided by the way my relationships from two years ago have turned out. I thought none of them would change and when we saw one another again it would be like we never left. I thought my name would be remembered in my tiny high school and I would always have friends that woke up for its attendance. My name is now whispered by my mother and my brother. My friends are in college and have forgotten about what used to be. I see them change only in profile pictures. I see their interests only in Times New Roman. I feel our names are no longer connected. We have all turned to whispers even to ourselves. I have lost one friend completely to drugs and binge drinking. I have lost others because of distance. What does the future hold for them and me?
Have I changed? Have they lost me?

1 comment:

Mitch M said...

Josh,

I rather appreciate your thought when you choose to blog. I shared similar sentiments right around the same time in my life. I hope you continue to write and document how you feel during this time. Looking back, I find it to be one of the most useful things I did in such an awkward stage.

Best wishes, my friend.