Monday, October 8, 2007

my first poetry reading

this past Saturday, I was invited by my brothers in a band called Exploring the Sky by Day to read poetry before they played and I did.
I read seven poems that I wrote. I was really nervous just because poetry is more of a mature kind of thing where as rock music is a sporatic art. (I'm not saying my poetry is art) So I was worried about how people would reacte to my poetry and luckily everyone seemed to enjoy it. Once I started reading I realized that I was going to be ok and that I have been on stage before. I read and everyone laughed at the right parts and seemed to enjoy it.
After I was done I was greeted with, "Josh that was so good." and "Josh, I loved it." which was good because I've always been kind of had a doubt that my writing isnt very good. so everyone seemed to like and it and I was invited to read again before Exploring the Sky by Day. So it was great and my best friend Jordan said he loved it and that was the best part because he doesnt say he loves anything unless he really does.
Thank you all of the Burnet kids for that experience
Thank you poetry night for teaching me how to read poetry properly and to write well.

1 comment:

Sara Triana said...

that is good. are you coming to poetry night this week? are you bringing your poems?