Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Vagrant

I haven't written a poem is so long and I didn't even feel the need too either, but the other day I was talking with one of my friends. He/she(using this to keep this person's identity hidden because they released very personal information to me) began to talk to me about God and how they did not feel His presence in their life anymore. Her/his sense of abandonment made me so sad and I tried to comfort them but there is only so much that you can say to someone who is in this possition. They have been put through alot and I don't blame them for any of the things they said. Sooo I wrote this poem from their point of view, they don't read my blog so I don't think they will mind. Yeah, I just wanted to clarify this isn't a personal poem but more me writing as another character in my life.

Vagrant

Once You were something to me
talked about and praised by my family,
now I think You're there
but You're not nearly as close
as I thought You would be,
God don't leave, God don't leave,
God I wanna believe that You're here
Are You in me? Are You in me?
People try to preach,
but they don't look at me the way they teach,
God is it me? God is it me?
God can it be that You love all but me,
I believe You made something
I just don't know if You and I were meant to be
God I believe? God I believe?
but I just don't see,
God won't you speak? God won't you speak?
so that I know that You are here with me
be with me, and let me see
God so much damage has been put to me
help me, fix me, and make me something You'd like
why don't You believe in me, a child with a bloody sleeve?
God do You love me? Will You love me?
because I know I'm not complete,
God will You fix me?
complete me, come down and complete me

thanks for reading, if you have any suggestions to what I should say to this person let me know, its really hard to talk to them so any advice would be awesome.

1 comment:

Sara Triana said...

excellent repetition, josh! advice to come later at an earlier time.