Sunday, August 26, 2007

the college life

So if you dont already know, I am out on my own
I have recently moved to Denton TEJAS to get some college schooling
I am 4 hours away from my real home.
I have moved into my dorm in Maple Hall
My roommate is an interesting character, some would call him a creeper (summer).
I have so far enjoyed myself to a certain extent
I dont know anyone here and it is difficult to just strike up conversations since everyone is so busy.
Classes start tomorrow so hopefully I will be able to make many new friends.
I dont believe this place will replace my home in Burnet, but I do believe I will enjoy my temporary stay in this large town.
I have some friends in Dallas that will be able to help me with my studying and giving me advice with college, since they are all DBUsters.
I know that this flat plot of land called Denton will give me a nice change of pace, and will help me grow more independent and adventurous.
I think my optimism will make my visit here be much more satisfying.

No comments: