Thursday, August 2, 2007

changing?

I am NOT,
the small boy that had elastic waste bands in his jeans,
and a father with a mustache,
the boy with the power wheels dump truck,
and a buzz cut,
I'm not the little child that woke up before dawn,
I have changed so much from those days,
the days when I only saw friends at school,
and when I climbed the jungle gym I never hit my head on anything,
I have come a long way,
since the days when I didn't know anything,
I didn't care to know anything back then,
now I am "legally" an adult,
I take naps now because I enjoy them,
not because my teacher tells me too,
and instead of my father having a mustache,
I have to shave just to keep from getting one,
I am not the little one I used to be,
I have questions now that cannot be satified by a simple "because"
like they were in my younger years,
luckily some things have not changed,
I still enjoy watching Peter Pan,
and it still amazes me that my kindergarten teacher shot and killed a polar bear(not a lie, she used to live in Alaska, Mrs. Vanmort)
but for the most part I am a new person,
people no longer call me boy or... lad(if I would have went to England thats what they would have called me)
I am now a young man in every sense of that 2 word title,
I am an adult,
I am Joshua Ryan Scott,
Thank you.

1 comment:

Sara Triana said...

thanks for teaching my brother how to shave.