Wednesday, August 1, 2007

da boys that I am leaving

I'm coming to the conclusion that my friends or "the boys" are gunna die with lives full of laughter, and waking up on each others beds and couches, never knowing what a warm breakfast tastes like,(except for the times Sara made muffins), they fall in love with everyone and never look back on who broke there heart in the past, dancing until its time to sleep, and losing their real names to countless new nicknames, breaking things that don't belong to them, soaking up each others joy and humor just to spit it back out for others to chew on, wrestling in front yards, playgrounds, and baseball fields, my friends are gunna die on each others floors and cots, looking for family and companions that they had all along and will never lose, I pray all their lives turn into something beautiful, I pray that God will keep them here not in this town but in their attitude towards the world with long nights, dim mornings, cold plates, and dirty rooms, let them stay the way I will leave them, as I move off to college for the next chapter of my life, let Jordan find a world beyond his relationship with his girlfriend, let Korey lead "the boys" in a direction new to them (I already see that he is going to be the new leader and a great one), let Abe stay in that light hearted mood he has been in since the day I met him and let him always be the Gas-Man, let Ben become a new high speed satellite connected computer, instead of the old crappy library computer that I always seemed to get in high school, let Jacob stay his joyous self and let me be thankful that his hair isn't touching me, allow Sara to know how grateful all of us, the boys she befriended, are for meeting such a beautiful and unique person, let Summer stay a townie and let it always be funny to call her that, let my little brother see that when I have moved away I did not abandon him, but left him with 5 older brothers to take care of him and show him the way to wrestle with his friends, to swim in the riverwalk, the way to have mud fights, the way to handle high school, and most importantly the way to make memories, because one day all "the boys" will have grown to old to stay here in this welcoming town, and the only thing any of us will have are the memories, so let us all pray those memories never flee from our heads, let us all be dreamers and dream of the times we went to IHOP at 4 in the morning, or the time when Ben read the phonebook, let us all dream of our time that we spent with each other,
I have learned so much from all of you, and thank you

1 comment:

Sara Triana said...

good one. i'm glad you have a real blog. it is essential for collegio. keep writing.